The Assertive, Proven Representation You Deserve
David E. Deal
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
David E. Deal was born in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 6, 1976. Mr. Deal attended Purdue University at Indianapolis and received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology in 1998. He graduated from Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana in 2001. While in law school, Mr. Deal clerked for the Morgan County Circuit and Superior Courts and served as a certified legal intern for the Morgan County Prosecutor's Office. Upon graduation, Mr. Deal went to work in Clinton County, Indiana as a litigation attorney for businesses and banks pursuing their rights as creditors. He was elected and served as President of the Clinton County Bar Association in 2002.
Wishing to pursue trial work, Mr. Deal returned to Indianapolis where he worked as a deputy prosecuting attorney for the Marion County Prosecutor's Office. Mr. Deal served as lead government counsel for hundreds of trials during his tenure, honing his trial skills in the process. In 2004, Mr. Deal formed his own law practice helping people seriously injured in accidents, as well as those accused of crimes. Mr. Deal joined Voyles, Zahn, Paul Hogan and Merriman in 2007 and handles the firm's civil litigation in addition to representing those who have been injured and arrested.
Mr. Deal is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. He is a member of the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Deal also served on the Board of Trustees for the Decatur Township Educational Foundation.
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 2001
- Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana
- B.S. - 1998
- Major: Psychology
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Clinton County Bar Association, President - 2002
- Decatur Township Educational Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Aaron Little vs. State of Indiana, 839 N.E.2D 807, 2005, Ind.Ct.App.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- National Trial lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠
- Super Lawyer
- Voyles, Zahn, Paul Hogan and Merriman, 2007
- Ryan, Moore, Cook & Hunter, Attorney