The Assertive, Proven Representation You Deserve
David E. Deal
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
On September 6, 1976, David E. Deal was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. In 1998, Mr. Deal earned a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Purdue University in Indianapolis, and in 2001, he earned his law degree from Indiana University in Bloomington. Mr. Deal worked as a certified legal intern for the Morgan County Prosecutor's Office and as a clerk for the Morgan County Circuit Court and the Morgan County Superior Court while he was in law school. After law school, Mr. Deal practiced in Clinton County, Indiana, representing corporations and banks in disputes over debt. In 2002, he was chosen president of the Clinton County Bar Association, a position he held for two years.
Wishing to pursue trial work, Mr. Deal returned to Indianapolis where he worked as a deputy prosecuting attorney for the Marion County Prosecutor's Office. Mr. Deal served as lead government counsel for hundreds of trials during his tenure, honing his trial skills in the process. In 2004, Mr. Deal formed his own law practice helping people seriously injured in accidents, as well as those accused of crimes. Mr. Deal joined Voyles, Zahn, Paul Hogan and Merriman in 2007 and handled the firm's civil litigation in addition to representing those who had been injured and arrested until 2017.
Mr. Deal is licensed to practice law in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. His professional affiliations include the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Deal was also a member of the Decatur Township Educational Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 2001
- Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana
- B.S. - 1998
- Major: Psychology
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Clinton County Bar Association, President - 2002
- Decatur Township Educational Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Aaron Little vs. State of Indiana, 839 N.E.2D 807, 2005, Ind.Ct.App.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- National Trial lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠
- Super Lawyer
- Voyles, Zahn, Paul Hogan and Merriman, 2007
- Ryan, Moore, Cook & Hunter, Attorney